Mustang Women’s Tennis Drops Shortened Decision at No. 40 Saint Mary's
MORAGA, Calif. – The Cal Poly women's tennis program failed to produce a set victory on Sunday afternoon versus No. 40 Saint Mary's and dropped a shortened 4-0 decision to the Gaels at the Korth Tennis Complex.
In doubles action, the No. 2 Mustang tandem of junior Kathryn Webb and freshman Louise Oxnevad (right) fell against Catherine Isip and Elizabeth Searl, 8-1. At No. 3, Cal Poly freshmen Haley Kepler and Anna Klavins also dropped an 8-1 decision versus Jade Frampton and Audrey Leitz. The doubles point was decided with Mustang juniors Ane McPike and Jennifer Cornea leading Jenny Jullien and Danielle Flores at the No. 1 position, 5-4.
In singles play, Isip whitewashed Cornea at No. 2, 6-0, 6-0, while Klavins fell at No. 5 against Catherine Leduc, 6-0, 6-1. The Gaels (4-3) completed the victory at No. 6 as Leitz topped Kepler, 6-2, 6-0.
In unfinished singles matches, the 64th-ranked Jullien led Oxnevad at No. 1, 6-0, 5-3, when play was halted. At No. 3, Webb trailed Flores (6-0, 5-2) while McPike was rallying against Frampton at No. 4 (6-4, 1-2).
Cal Poly (1-4) returns to action when hosting Cal State Stanislaus on Mustang Courts on Saturday, Feb. 16 at 11 a.m.
No. 40 Saint Mary's 4, Cal Poly 0
Korth Tennis Complex (Moraga, Calif.)
Feb. 10, 2013
1. Jullien/Flores (SMC) vs. McPike/Cornea (CP), 4-5 (unfinished)
2. Isip/Searl (SMC) def. Oxnevad/Webb (CP), 8-1
3. Frampton/Leitz (SMC) def. Kepler/Klavins (CP), 8-1
1. No. 64 Jenny Jullien (SMC) vs. Louise Oxnevad (CP) 6-0, 5-3, unfinished
2. Catherine Isip (SMC) def. Jennifer Cornea (CP) 6-0, 6-0
3. Danielle Flores (SMC) vs. Kathryn Webb (CP) 6-0, 5-2, unfinished
4. Jade Frampton (SMC) vs. Ane McPike (CP) 6-4, 1-2, unfinished
5. Catherine Leduc (SMC) def. Anna Klavins (CP) 6-0, 6-1
6. Audrey Leitz (SMC) def. Haley Kepler (CP) 6-2, 6-0