No. 34 Santa Clara Overpowers No. 49 Cal Poly, 6-1
With the loss Cal Poly falls to 11-6 overall while Santa Clara improves to 11-6.
The Mustangs will return to the courts on Sunday, April 15, when the team will host Fresno State at 11 am.
Doubles play opened with the SCU No. 2 doubles team Kyle Dandan and Tom Pham defeating Brian McPhee and Joardan Bridge, 8-3.
Singles play opened with the Mustangs holding a 1-0 lead when Kyohhei Kamono defeated Comuzzo on the sixth court, 6-1, 6-2.
Vinel took Bridge in straight-sets, 6-0 and 6-1, on the third court and Lamble did the same to Fawcett on the second, 6-1 and 6-2.
With SCU leading the match, 3-1, Dandan, ranked 111th, upset Dome ranked 20th, 6-4 and 6-4, to secure the win for Santa Clara. For Dome it was only his third loss in 15 dual matches this season.
With the match decided, Pham defeated McPhee in straight-sets while Osintsev defeated De Jager in three.
Tennis Match Results
Cal Poly vs Santa Clara
Apr 07, 2012 at Santa Clara, Calif.
(Degheri Tennis Center)
#34 Santa Clara 6, #49 Cal Poly 1
1. #111 Kyle Dandan (SC) def. #20 Andre Dome (CP) 6-4, 6-4
2. John Lamble (SC) def. Matt Fawcett (CP) 6-1, 6-2
3. Nicolas Vinel (SC) def. Jordan Bridge (CP) 6-0, 6-1
4. Tom Pham (SC) def. Brian McPhee (CP) 7-6, 6-4
5. Ilya Osintsev (SC) def. Jurgen De Jager (CP) 7-6, 6-7, 1-0
6. Kyohhei Kamono (SC) def. Marco Comuzzo (CP) 6-1, 6-2
1. #55 Andre Dome/Matt Fawcett (CP) def. Ilya Osintsev/John Lamble (SC) 8-5
2. Kyle Dandan/Tom Pham (SC) def. Brian McPhee/Jordan Bridge (CP) 8-3
3. Marco Comuzzo/Jurgen De Jager (CP) def. Nicolas Vinel/Eugene Muchynski (SC) 8-4
Cal Poly 17-4; National ranking #49
Santa Clara 11-6; National ranking #34
Order of finish: Doubles (2,1,3); Singles (6,3,2,1,4,5)